ceramic nonstick BPA free appliance
The Bialetti 12"x 15" Ceramic Coated Electric Skillet is made with PFOA & PTFE free ceramic
non-stick coating that is 5x more durable and cooks 20% faster than standard non-stick
coatings. Its large cooking surface can cook up to 4.5 lbs of chicken breasts at once. It is a truly
multi-functional unit as it allows you to perform a variety of cooking techniques including roast, fry,
sauté, steam and can also be used as a buffet server.
Exclusively available at
Bed Bath and Beyond
BEFORE USING FOR THE FIRST TIME
When using for the first time, wash the electric skillet base and glass lid in warm soapy water, rinse and wipe them dry. Ensure that the temperature control probe is removed before washing. Next, using a paper towel, “season” the nonstick cooking surface by rubbing lightly with cooking oil. Your Bialetti skillet is now all set to use.
Using your Electric Skillet
- Place the skillet on a dry level surface. Also, place a heat resistant counter protector, such as aluminum foil, under appliance to prevent possible heat damage to your counter top.
- Insert the Temperature Control Probe into the skillet making sure the two electrical pins on the skillet are fully inserted into the heat control unit.
- Connect the power cord to a polarized outlet only.
- Turn the temperature control probe to the desired temperature (see pages 5 to 6 for cooking temperatures), and then remove the cover to preheat the skillet. The light on the temperature control probe goes off when the skillet reaches the selected temperature.
Preheat time: 12 minutes
NOTE: THE WHITE CERAMIC COATING MAY TURN SLIGHTLY YELLOW WHEN THE UNIT IS HEATED. THIS IS NORMAL AND WILL NOT AFFECT THE PERFORMANCE OF THE UNIT OR THE QUALITY/TASTE OF THE FOOD COOKED. ONCE THE UNIT IS COOLED, THE CERAMIC COATING COLOR WILL GO BACK TO WHITE.
- Prepare the food for cooking. The skillet has a ceramic nonstick finish, and therefore, food may be prepared with little oil. You can use your favorite cooking oils such as vegetable oil, olive oil, canola oil etc.
CAUTION: DO NOT USE COOKING SPRAYS. THEY CAN CAUSE A BUILD-UP ON THE COOKING PLATES AND MAY AFFECT THE NON-STICK PERFORMANCE OF THE PRODUCT.
- Place food in skillet and cook according to the temperature-timetable (pages 5 to 6).
The heat can be adjusted at any time according to personal preference, or dependent on the type of food being cooked. The light on the temperature control probe goes on and off during cooking, indicating the skillet is maintaining the desired temperature. This condition is normal and the skillet is not malfunctioning.
- Turn the temperature control probe to OFF when cooking is completed. Then unplug the temperature control probe from the wall outlet and from the appliance.
Cleaning and Maintaining Your Electric Skillet
- Unplug the skillet and detach the temperature control probe.
- The skillet base is NOT dishwasher safe. You can wash it with warm soapy water and rinse it dry after each use. All parts except the temperature control probe are fully immersible. NOTE: Only the SKILLET LID is dishwasher safe.
CAUTION: The temperature control probe must always be removed before cleaning the unit with water and you must ensure that it is completely dry before use.
- For best results, use nylon, plastic, wooden, or rubber utensils. Do not use metal utensils as they may scratch the Ceramic nonstick surface. Also, do not cut food on the cooking surface.
- Clean the nonstick surface with a non-metal cleaning pad after each use. Firm pressure can be applied if necessary but do not rub vigorously as this may damage the Ceramic non-stick coated surface.
- Do not use steel wool or abrasive kitchen cleaners to clean the electric skillet.
- Soaking the skillet to loosen food reside for more than 2 hours may damage the ceramic non-stick finish.
- The finish around the heating element may darken over the course of time. To remove this discoloration, use a commercial de-stainer. Also, make sure to clean any cleaning solution that comes in contact with the exterior of the appliance.
- It is recommended that the cooking surface be wiped lightly with cooking oil before using the skillet again after it has come in contact with a commercial cleaner. Wipe away spills and drips on the exterior of the skillet immediately in order to keep the skillet looking attractive and presentable. Use a cleaning pad dipped in warm soapy water to remove food that has burnt to the exterior of the skillet. Then rinse and wipe dry all surfaces.
MPORTANT: The temperature control probe can get damaged easily. Avoid rough handling in use and storage.
CAUTION: THE SKILLET IS NOT DISHWASHER SAFE. YOU CAN WASH IT WITH WARM SOAPY WATER AND RINSE IT DRY AFTER EACH USE. ALL PARTS EXCEPT THE TEMPERATURE CONTROL PROBE ARE FULLY IMMERSIBLE.
Steps for stain removal and proper care of your Aeternum ceramic non-stick coating
- Identify stained areas on the cooking surface and sprinkle some baking soda on the stains.
- Moisten the baking soda to get a paste like texture by adding some water.
- Let the paste stand for a few minutes on the stains (not more than an hour)
- Rub with a soft damp cloth or lightly scrub with a plastic scouring pad, wipe clean and dry thoroughly.
NOTE: Do not rub vigorously when using a plastic scouring pad and NEVER use a metal scouring pad as this may damage the non-stick coating.
- Repeat the cycle once again if necessary
The performance and non-stick property of the Aeternum ceramic non-stick coating will not be affected due to stains.
limited one-year warranty
SENSIO Inc. hereby warrants that for a period of ONE YEAR from the date of purchase, this product will be free from mechanical defects in material and workmanship, and for 90 days in respect to non-mechanical parts. At its sole discretion, SENSIO Inc. will either repair or replace the product found to be defective, or issue a refund on the product during the warranty period.
The warranty is only valid for the original retail purchaser from the date of initial retail purchase and is not transferable. Keep the original sales receipt, as proof of purchase is required to obtain warranty validation. Retail stores selling this product do not have the right to alter, modify, or in any way revise the terms and conditions of the warranty.
The warranty does not cover normal wear of parts or damage resulting from any of the following: negligent use of the product, use of improper voltage or current, improper routine maintenance, use contrary to the operating instructions, disassembly, repair, or alteration by anyone other than qualified SENSIO Inc. personnel. Also, the warranty does not cover Acts of God such as fire, floods, hurricanes, or tornadoes.
SENSIO Inc. shall not be liable for any incidental or consequential damages caused by the breach of any express or implied warranty. Apart from the extent prohibited by applicable law, any implied warranty of merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose is limited in time to the duration of the warranty. Some states, provinces or jurisdictions do not allow the exclusion or limitation of incidental or consequential damages, or limitations on how long an implied warranty lasts, and therefore, the above exclusions or limitations may not apply to you. The warranty covers specific legal rights which may vary by state, province and/or jurisdiction.
HOW TO OBTAIN WARRANTY SERVICE:
You must contact Customer Service at our toll-free number: 1-866-832-4843.
A Customer Service Representative will attempt to resolve warranty issues over the phone. If the Customer Service Representative is unable to resolve the problem, you will be provided with a case number and asked to return the product to SENSIO Inc. Attach a tag to the product that includes: your name, address, daytime contact telephone number, case number, and description of the problem. Also, include a copy of the original sales receipt. Carefully package the tagged product with the sales receipt, and send it (with shipping and insurance prepaid) to SENSIO Inc.’s address. SENSIO Inc. shall bear no responsibility or liability for the returned product while in transit to SENSIO Inc.’s Customer Service Center.
This product is manufactured by Sensio Inc. Bialetti is a trademark of BIALETTI INDUSTRIE S.P.A. CORPORATION ITALY, used under license.