ceramic nonstick BPA free appliance
The Bialetti 10.5" X 20" Ceramic Coated Electric Griddle is made with PFOA & PTFE free ceramic
non-stick coating that is 5x more durable and cooks 20% faster than standard non-stick coatings.
The large 10.5”x20” cooking surface can cook up to 10 pancakes or eggs at once. Perfect for
Exclusively available at
Bed Bath and Beyond
Removable temperature control probe
- The temperature control probe is the nerve center and brain of the electric Griddle. Treat it carefully. Dropping or banging it could change its calibration and make the temperature settings inaccurate.
- Rotate the dial to select the temperature as called for in the recipe.
- The indicator light on the temperature control probe will illuminate as soon as the dial is rotated. The light will go out once the selected temperature has been reached.
- Allow the Griddle to cool before removing the temperature control probe.
- To clean the temperature control probe, simply wipe down with a soft, damp cloth. Make sure you dry it thoroughly before using again.
NOTE: The temperature control probe is not submersible.
CAUTION: Use the temperature control probe supplied with this Griddle only.
The use of any other temperature control probe may cause fire, electric shock, or injury.
Before using for the first time
- Carefully unpack the Griddle and remove all packaging materials.
- Before cooking in the Griddle for the first time, wash the non-stick Griddle and drip tray in mild dishwashing soap, wipe and allow to dry.
NOTE: The Griddle is not dishwasher safe.
CAUTION: Do not immerse the temperature control probe in water or any other liquid.
- For more tips, see Care & Cleaning Instructions section of this Instruction Manual.
Using your Electric griddle
- Place the non-stick Griddle on a clean, flat working surface.
NOTE: Some countertop and table surfaces, such as Corian® and other surfaces, are not designed to withstand the prolonged heat generated by this Griddle. We recommend placing a hot pad or trivet under the Griddle beforehand to avoid possible damage to the surface. Be sure the sides and back of the Griddle are at least 4 inches away from any walls, cabinets, or objects on the counter or table.
- Insert drip tray into rails under the Griddle’s side, positioned directly under the grease drain.
- Turn the temperature control knob on probe to OFF position and attach securely in place.
- Plug cord into any standard 120 V AC wall outlet.
IMPORTANT: ALWAYS PLUG CORD INTO GRIDDLE FIRST, THEN INTO WALL OUTLET.
- Preheat Griddle for approximately 7-10 minutes before cooking. To preheat, turn the temperature control to desired temperature. The indicator light on the temperature control probe will illuminate as soon as the dial is rotated. The light will go out once the selected temperature has been reached.
NOTE:THE WHITE CERAMIC COATING MAY TURN SLIGHTLY YELLOW WHEN THE UNIT IS HEATED. THIS IS NORMAL AND WILL NOT AFFECT THE PERFORMANCE OF THE UNIT OR THE QUALITY/TASTE OF THE FOOD COOKED. ONCE THE UNIT IS COOLED, THE CERAMIC COATING COLOR WILL GO BACK TO WHITE.
- Use medium to low heat for best cooking results. Very high temperatures can cause discoloration and shorten the life span of any non-stick surface. If higher temperatures are necessary, preheat on medium heat for a few minutes.
- Coat the non-stick surface with your favorite cooking oil such as vegetable oil, olive oil, canola oil etc. If necessary, remove excess oil with paper towel.
CAUTION:DO NOT USE COOKING SPRAYS. THEY CAN CAUSE A BUILD-UP ON THE COOKING PLATES AND MAY AFFECT THE NON-STICK PERFORMANCE OF THE PRODUCT.
- Add food and cook according to the recipe. Adjust temperature control dial from 200ºF to 400ºF as necessary.
NOTE: During cooking, the light will go on and off indicating that the Griddle is maintaining proper temperature.
CAUTION: Griddle surfaces are hot during use.
- When cooking bacon or foods containing large quantities of grease, it may be necessary to check the drip tray to make sure it is not full. Remove drip tray; empty contents and wash if needed. See the Time/ Temperature Chart for basic suggested cooking information.
- When cooking has been completed, turn the temperature control to the OFF position. The indicator light on the temperature control probe will turn off.
- Unplug cord from wall outlet. Let the Griddle cool completely.
- Remove temperature control probe from Griddle. Follow the Care & Cleaning Instructions described in this Instruction Manual.
Care & Cleaning Instructions
CAUTION: Do not immerse the cord, plug or temperature control probe in water or any other liquid.
CAUTION: To avoid accidental burns, allow your Griddle to cool thoroughly before cleaning.
- When cooking is completed, unplug cord from wall outlet. Allow Griddle to cool.
- Remove temperature control probe from Griddle.
CAUTION: The probe may become hot after use. Allow to cool before handling.
- If necessary, wipe temperature control case and probe with a damp, soft cloth. Dry temperature control probe completely. Set aside.
CAUTION: The temperature control probe is not submersible.
- Remove drip tray; empty contents. Wash Griddle and drip tray in soapy water; rinse and dry thoroughly.
- The griddle base NOT dishwasher safe. You can wash the griddle and drip tray with warm soapy water and rinse them dry after each use. All parts except the temperature control probe are fully immersible.
- To wash by hand, wash griddle plate with hot soapy water. Dry with towel.
CAUTION: Probe and probe receptacle must be completely dry before use.
- For stubborn food particles, loosen with a plastic cleaning pad. Avoid hard scouring of the non-stick finish as this may cause surface scratches.
NOTE: Do not use steel wool, scouring pads, or abrasive cleaners on any part of the Griddle.
- Use only nylon, plastic, or wooden utensils with care to avoid scratching the non-stick surface. Never cut food on the Griddle.
- To avoid scratching the non-stick surface, do not stack objects on the Griddle.
CAUTION: THE GRIDDLE IS NOT DISHWASHER SAFE. YOU CAN WASH THE GRIDDLE AND DRIP
TRAY WITH WARM SOAPY WATER AND RINSE THEM DRY AFTER EACH USE. ALL PARTS EXCEPT THE TEMPERATURE CONTROL PROBE ARE FULLY IMMERSIBLE.
Steps for stain removal and proper care of your Aeternum ceramic non-stick coating
- Identify stained areas on the cooking surface and sprinkle some baking soda on the stains.
- Moisten the baking soda to get a paste like texture by adding some water.
- Let the paste stand for a few minutes on the stains (not more than an hour)
- Rub with a soft damp cloth or lightly scrub with a plastic scouring pad, wipe clean and dry thoroughly.
NOTE: Do not rub vigorously when using a plastic scouring pad and NEVER use a metal scouring pad as this may damage the non-stick coating.
- Repeat the cycle once again if necessary
The performance and non-stick property of the Aeternum ceramic non-stick coating will not be affected due to stains.
Makes 4 sandwiches
8 slices ciabatta, or any Artisanal bread with crisp crust, sliced thick
1 cup shredded Cheddar or Colby cheese
1 avocado, cut into 8 slices
8 slices crisply cooked bacon
3 tablespoons butter, softened
1. Preheat the Bialetti Griddle. Turn the temperature control dial to 350ºF to begin preheating.
2. Lay the bacon onto the Bialetti Griddle.
NOTE: As bacon cooks, use a heat-proof spatula to push excess grease along the channels into the drip tray.
CAUTION:Pay careful attention and empty drip tray as needed.
3. Remove cooked bacon to paper towels to absorb grease.
4. Butter outsides of bread slices
5. Place 4 bread slices onto Bialetti Griddle, butter-side-down.
6. Add 2 tablespoons of cheese to each bread slice. Top with avocado, then 2 slices of bacon, and remaining cheese. Butter the tops of the remaining bread slices. Then close each sandwich, butter-side-up.
7. Use a lid to cover sandwiches. Cook until bottom bread slice is toasty brown. Check sandwich in 2 minutes. Turn once, check at 1 minute, and continue cooking until bread is crisp and cheese is melted.
8. Serve immediately.
Makes 8 Slices
4 large eggs
1 cup half & half
2 tablespoons brown sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla
1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
8 slices cinnamon raisin bread (prepackaged)
2 tablespoons unsalted butter, divided
powdered sugar, for dusting
1. Preheat the Bialetti Griddle. Turn the temperature control dial to 350ºF to begin preheating.
2. In a shallow, wide bowl, whisk together the eggs, half & half, sugar, vanilla, and cinnamon until combined.
3. Soak 4 slices of bread for at least 4 minutes, turning several times.
4. Soak the remaining 4 slices in the batter while the first batch cooks.
5. Add 1 tablespoon butter to the hot Bialetti Griddle. Use a heat-resistant brush to coat the Bialetti Griddle surface and cook 4 slices at a time, 2 to 3 minutes per side, or until toast is browned to your liking.
6. Melt the remaining butter and cook second batch.
7. Add a dusting of powdered sugar before serving.
Makes 2 waffles
- Marinade (Mojo)
- 1 orange, juiced
- 1 lime, juiced
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 garlic clove, roughly chopped
- 2 chipolte chiles, in adobo sauce, chopped
- 2 tablespoon roughly chopped fresh cilantro leaves
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 lb. skirt or flank steak, trimmed of fat cut into 2 pieces
Salt and pepper
- 1 green or red bell pepper, thinly sliced
- 1 large onion, thinly sliced
- 8 flour tortillas, warm
shredded Mexican cheese
1. Prepare marinade. Combine all marinade ingredients.
2. Using an immersion blender, puree until smooth.
3. Transfer to a re-sealable plastic bag and add the steak; seal and shake to coat.
4. Refrigerate the beef for 2 to 4 hours to tenderize and add flavor.
5. Preheat the Bialetti Griddle. Turn the temperature control dial to 400ºF to begin preheating.
6. Remove beef from the marinade. Reserve used marinade in the plastic bag.
7. Use paper towels to pat the meat dry. Season liberally with salt and freshly ground black pepper, if desired.
8. Add onions and peppers to the marinade bag. Toss lightly. Add half the vegetables to one side of the Bialetti Griddle. Add steaks to the other side of the Bialetti Griddle.
9. Grill the steak over high heat and cook for 4 minutes on each side and then transfer to a cutting board and allow to rest.
10. Add the remaining peppers and onions and continue to grill 7 to 8 minutes until the vegetables are just barely limp. While the peppers and onions are cooking, heat the tortillas.
11. Lightly dampen a tea towel with some water, wrap the tortillas in the damp towel and heat in the microwave for about 1 minute. Check to see if they are warm, if not, repeat heating at 1 minute intervals until tortillas are warm and pliable.
12. Thinly slice the steak against the grain on a diagonal.
13. To serve: Spread guacamole on a tortilla, top with a few slices of steak, peppers and onions, and salsa. Add sour cream and cheese if desired. Roll the tortilla to enclose the filling.
limited one-year warranty
SENSIO Inc. hereby warrants that for a period of ONE YEAR from the date of purchase, this product will be free from mechanical defects in material and workmanship, and for 90 days in respect to non-mechanical parts. At its sole discretion, SENSIO Inc. will either repair or replace the product found to be defective, or issue a refund on the product during the warranty period.
The warranty is only valid for the original retail purchaser from the date of initial retail purchase and is not transferable. Keep the original sales receipt, as proof of purchase is required to obtain warranty validation. Retail stores selling this product do not have the right to alter, modify, or in any way revise the terms and conditions of the warranty.
The warranty does not cover normal wear of parts or damage resulting from any of the following: negligent use of the product, use of improper voltage or current, improper routine maintenance, use contrary to the operating instructions, disassembly, repair, or alteration by anyone other than qualified SENSIO Inc. personnel. Also, the warranty does not cover Acts of God such as fire, floods, hurricanes, or tornadoes.
SENSIO Inc. shall not be liable for any incidental or consequential damages caused by the breach of any express or implied warranty. Apart from the extent prohibited by applicable law, any implied warranty of merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose is limited in time to the duration of the warranty. Some states, provinces or jurisdictions do not allow the exclusion or limitation of incidental or consequential damages, or limitations on how long an implied warranty lasts, and therefore, the above exclusions or limitations may not apply to you. The warranty covers specific legal rights which may vary by state, province and/or jurisdiction.
HOW TO OBTAIN WARRANTY SERVICE:
You must contact Customer Service at our toll-free number: 1-866-832-4843.
A Customer Service Representative will attempt to resolve warranty issues over the phone. If the Customer Service Representative is unable to resolve the problem, you will be provided with a case number and asked to return the product to SENSIO Inc. Attach a tag to the product that includes: your name, address, daytime contact telephone number, case number, and description of the problem. Also, include a copy of the original sales receipt. Carefully package the tagged product with the sales receipt, and send it (with shipping and insurance prepaid) to SENSIO Inc.’s address. SENSIO Inc. shall bear no responsibility or liability for the returned product while in transit to SENSIO Inc.’s Customer Service Center.
This product is manufactured by Sensio Inc. Bialetti is a trademark of BIALETTI INDUSTRIE S.P.A. CORPORATION ITALY, used under license.