ceramic nonstick BPA free appliance
The Bialetti Ceramic Coated Rotating Belgian Waffle Maker is made with PFOA & PTFE free
ceramic non-stick coating that is 5x more durable and cooks 20% faster than standard
non-stick coatings. Enjoy 1.5" thick true Belgian waffles that can hold all your favorite toppings.
Exclusively available at Bed Bath and Beyond
Before Using For The First Time
- Remove all parts included in the box.
- Wash all the parts thoroughly (refer to Cleaning and Maintenance section
for more information).
NOTE: Your Waffle Maker may emit a small amount of smoke and/or odor when you use it for the first time. This is normal and harmless, however we recommend that you do not eat the first waffle you make with the Waffle Maker.
Using Your Waffle Maker
1. Plug the cord into your 120 V AC wall outlet. The Red Power Light will turn on
indicating the appliance is ready for preheating.
NOTE: THE WHITE CERAMIC COATING MAY TURN SLIGHTLY YELLOW WHEN THE UNIT IS HEATED. THIS IS NORMAL AND WILL NOT AFFECT THE PERFORMANCE OF THE UNIT OR THE QUALITY/TASTE OF THE WAFFLES COOKED. ONCE THE UNIT IS COOLED, THE CERAMIC COATING COLOR WILL GO BACK TO WHITE.
2. Set the Control Knob to your desired setting. The higher your setting, the darker your waffles will be. Experiment with the setting and different waffle batters to determine your ideal Waffle Maker settings.
NOTE: The Red Power Light will remain on until the appliance is unplugged.
3. The Green Ready Light will turn off and the Waffle Maker will begin to preheat.
The Green Ready Light will turn on when the appliance reaches proper cooking temperature. This should take approximately 3 to 5 minutes. Once heated, ready times will be faster.
4. When the Green Ready Light turns on, open the Waffle Maker, and apply a light layer of vegetable oil, olive oil or canola oil to the cooking plates. Pour and spread the waffle batter evenly onto the lower plate so that the batter fills the lower plate and the peak areas of the plate are covered.
CAUTION: DO NOT USE COOKING SPRAYS. THEY CAN CAUSE A BUILD-UP ON THE COOKING PLATES AND MAY AFFECT THE NON-STICK PERFORMANCE OF THE PRODUCT.
5. Close the Waffle Maker and rotate the handle 180º clockwise (right) until it locks
6. When the Green Ready Light turns on again, rotate the handle 180º counter-clockwise (left) to unlock and then carefully open the Waffle Maker.
NOTE:Do not open the waffle maker for at least 1 min 30 seconds. This can cause the under-cooked waffles to break and they can be difficult to remove from the plates.
7. If the waffles are not dark enough, close the Waffle Maker, rotate to lock, and then wait another 30 seconds. Repeat as needed.
8. When you are satisfied with your waffles, use a non-metallic utensil to remove them from the heating plates.
9. To make more waffles, close the Waffle Maker until the Green Ready Light comes on, then repeat from step 4.
10. When finished baking waffles, set the heat setting to lowest setting and remove plug from wall outlet.
11. After it has sufficiently cooled, the heating plates may be wiped clean.
Locking and Unlocking your Waffle Maker
Your Waffle Maker is unlocked only when the Control Knob is facing up. You can only open the Waffle Maker in the unlocked position.
Tips for perfectly baked waffles
1. Stir your waffle batter only until large chunks of dry ingredients are dissolved.
Over mixing the waffle batter can cause the waffles to be hard.
2. Set the Control Knob to your desired setting. The higher your setting, the darker your waffles will be. The color and crispness of the waffles also depends on the batter used. Experiment with the setting and different waffle batters to determine your ideal Waffle Maker settings
3. The exact amount of batter needed to make perfect full-sized waffles depends on the type and consistency of the batter. Use the same ladle or measuring cup each time to determine how much batter you need to fill the lower plate fully so as to cover the peaks in the plate.
4. When making softer variety of waffles, once they are baked, make sure to cut the waffles into halves or in 4 quarters and support them with a spatula at the bottom so it is easier to take them out from the plates, since softer waffles can break easily.
5. When making large batches to serve at once, you can keep the waffles fresh & crisp by placing them in a preheated oven at 200°F. Take them out using oven mitts when you are ready to serve.
6. To avoid waffles with a moist base, keep the waffles on a wire cooling rack. This will retain the crispness of the waffles.
7. You can reheat your waffles in the waffle maker. Pre-heat the waffle maker on low setting. Once preheated, place the waffles on the lower plate so they fit the grooves correctly, then close the waffle maker and heat for 1 to 2 minutes, checking every 30 seconds to avoid burning.
8. You can also freeze your waffles to eat later. After the freshly baked waffles have cooled completely, pack them in a covered container or plastic freezer bag. Make sure to separate the waffles with a sheet of wax paper between each waffle. To reheat the frozen waffles, place in a pre-heated oven, toaster oven or toaster until they are hot.
Cleaning and Maintenance
1. Always turn off the appliance, unplug it, and allow it to cool down before cleaning.
2. You can easily remove any excess oils or crumbs without disassembling the appliance.
3. Never submerge the appliance in water or place it in the dishwasher.
4. Use only plastic or wooden utensils on the heating plates. Metal may damage the plates.
5. Use a soft cloth on the heating plates and occasionally a metal polish intended for stainless steel on the outer housing. Never use abrasive scouring pads or steel wool.
6. If there is hardened batter on the plates, pour a little oil and let it sit for about 5-7 minutes. You can then wipe clean with a paper towel.
7. Do not use the Waffle Maker for anything other than making waffles.
CAUTION: NEVER SUBMERGE THE APPLIANCE IN WATER OR PLACE IT IN THE DISHWASHER
Steps for stain removal and proper care
of your Aeternum ceramic non-stick coating
1. Identify stained areas on the cooking plates and sprinkle some baking soda on the stains.
2. Moisten the baking soda to get a paste like texture by adding some water.
3. Let the paste stand for a few minutes on the stains (not more than an hour)
4. Rub with a soft damp cloth or lightly scrub with a plastic scouring pad,
wipe clean and dry thoroughly.
NOTE: Do not rub vigorously when using a plastic scouring pad and NEVER use a metal scouring pad as this may damage the non-stick coating.
5. Repeat the cycle once again if necessary
The performance and non-stick property of the Aeternum ceramic non-stick coating will not be affected due to stains.
Makes 2 waffles
- 1-1/2 cup buckwheat flour
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1-1/4 teaspoons baking powder
- 1-1/4 teaspoons baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1-1/2 cups buttermilk, shaken
- 1/4 cup (4 tablespoons) butter, melted
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 large eggs
1. Prepare waffle batter. Combine dry ingredients in a large bowl. Whisk together: buckwheat flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, salt and cinnamon.
2. In a medium-sized mixing bowl, whisk together the buttermilk, melted butter and eggs.
3. Pour the wet mixture into the dry mixture. Use hand mixer and beat until all liquid is fully incorporated.
4. Preheat the Bialetti Rotating Waffle Maker. Turn the temperature control dial to MEDIUM to begin preheating.
5. When the green READY light illuminates, pour approximately 1-1/2 cups batter onto the lower cooking plate. Use a spatula to spread the batter into the edges of the plate.
6. Lower the top cooking plate to close the Bialetti Waffle Maker and rotate unit 180° to the bottom side.
7. When the READY light illuminates, rotate unit to the top side. Open the lid and remove waffle.
8. Repeat with the remaining batter. Serve immediately.
9. Serve with maple syrup, honey, almond butter and top with banana slices.
Makes 2 waffles
- 1-1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup cornstarch
- 6 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon table salt
- 2 tablespoons blueberry preserves (not jelly or jam)
- 1/2 cup whole milk
- 1 cup blueberry yogurt
- 1/2 cup vegetable/canola oil
- 2 large eggs
1. Prepare waffle batter. Combine dry ingredients in a large bowl. Whisk together: flour, cornstarch, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, and salt.
2. In a medium-sized mixing bowl, whisk together the blueberry preserves, milk, yogurt, canola oil, eggs, and half of the blueberries.
3. Using a hand mixer, blend until light and frothy, scraping down the sides of the bowl several times.
4. Set aside and allow batter to rest for 30 minutes.
5. Preheat the Bialetti Rotating Waffle Maker. Turn the temperature control dial to MEDIUM to begin preheating.
6. When the green READY light illuminates, pour approximately 1-1/2 cups batter onto the lower cooking plate. Use a spatula to spread the batter into the edges of the plate. Sprinkle the remaining blueberries over the top of the batter.
7. Lower the top cooking plate to close the Bialetti Waffle Maker and rotate unit 180° to the bottom side.
8. When the READY light illuminates, rotate unit to the top side. Open the lid and remove waffle.
9. Repeat with the remaining batter. Serve immediately.
Makes 2 waffles
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup cocoa
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 cup chocolate chips
- 2 large eggs, separated
- 1/4 cup (4 tablespoons) butter, melted
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1 cup buttermilk
1. Prepare waffle batter.
2. Melt butter.
3. Combine dry ingredients in a large bowl. Whisk together: flour, cocoa, sugar, baking soda, baking powder and salt.
4. Separate eggs. In a medium-sized mixing bowl, whisk together egg yolks, milk and vanilla.
5. Stir milk mixture and melted butter into flour mixture until dry ingredients are well-moistened. Batter may be slightly lumpy.
6. Stir in chocolate chips.
7. In a separate small bowl, use a hand mixer to beat egg whites to stiff peaks.
Gently fold into batter.
8. Preheat the Bialetti Rotating Waffle Maker. Turn the temperature control dial to MEDIUM to begin preheating.
9. When the green READY light illuminates, pour approximately 1-1/2 cups batter onto the lower cooking plate. Use a spatula to spread the batter into the edges of the plate.
10. Lower the top cooking plate to close the Bialetti Waffle Maker and rotate unit 180° to the bottom side.
11. When the READY light illuminates, rotate unit to the top side. Open the lid and remove waffle.
12. Repeat with the remaining batter. Serve immediately.
limited one-year warranty
SENSIO Inc. hereby warrants that for a period of ONE YEAR from the date of purchase, this product will be free from mechanical defects in material and workmanship, and for 90 days in respect to non-mechanical parts. At its sole discretion, SENSIO Inc. will either repair or replace the product found to be defective, or issue a refund on the product during the warranty period.
The warranty is only valid for the original retail purchaser from the date of initial retail purchase and is not transferable. Keep the original sales receipt, as proof of purchase is required to obtain warranty validation. Retail stores selling this product do not have the right to alter, modify, or in any way revise the terms and conditions of the warranty.
The warranty does not cover normal wear of parts or damage resulting from any of the following: negligent use of the product, use of improper voltage or current, improper routine maintenance, use contrary to the operating instructions, disassembly, repair, or alteration by anyone other than qualified SENSIO Inc. personnel. Also, the warranty does not cover Acts of God such as fire, floods, hurricanes, or tornadoes.
SENSIO Inc. shall not be liable for any incidental or consequential damages caused by the breach of any express or implied warranty. Apart from the extent prohibited by applicable law, any implied warranty of merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose is limited in time to the duration of the warranty. Some states, provinces or jurisdictions do not allow the exclusion or limitation of incidental or consequential damages, or limitations on how long an implied warranty lasts, and therefore, the above exclusions or limitations may not apply to you. The warranty covers specific legal rights which may vary by state, province and/or jurisdiction.
HOW TO OBTAIN WARRANTY SERVICE:
You must contact Customer Service at our toll-free number: 1-866-832-4843.
A Customer Service Representative will attempt to resolve warranty issues over the phone. If the Customer Service Representative is unable to resolve the problem, you will be provided with a case number and asked to return the product to SENSIO Inc. Attach a tag to the product that includes: your name, address, daytime contact telephone number, case number, and description of the problem. Also, include a copy of the original sales receipt. Carefully package the tagged product with the sales receipt, and send it (with shipping and insurance prepaid) to SENSIO Inc.’s address. SENSIO Inc. shall bear no responsibility or liability for the returned product while in transit to SENSIO Inc.’s Customer Service Center.
This product is manufactured by Sensio Inc. Bialetti is a trademark of BIALETTI INDUSTRIE S.P.A. CORPORATION ITALY, used under license.