Shop Moka Melody
Limited edition FIGCFeaturing the official logo of the Italian federation of soccer, this stovetop coffee maker plays the Italian national anthem when your coffee is ready. It is a fun twist on an classic stovetop coffee maker.
|Material||Food Grade Aluminum Alloy|
Max Boiler Capacity
(Please note the max. boiler capacity is slightly greater than the final output. Some water will be left in the boiler after brewing.)
Before First Use
- Remove all labels and packaging.
- Hand wash all parts with warm water.
- Rinse all parts thoroughly to remove any soap residue. Make 2-3 pots of coffee and discard to season the pot. Followto useinstructions below for each cycle.
- Fill the lower chamber with cold water just below the valve.
- Insert the funnel and fill it with ground espresso (do not tamp). Remove any coffee grounds on the edge of the funnel
- Tightly screw the upper part of the pot on to the base. Avoid using the handle for leverage.
- Select burner size to fit bottom of pot. For gas stovetop, make sure the flame is not larger than bottom of pot. The flame should not come around the sides of the pot.
- Place pot on the stovetop until the water boils and coffee begins to come out of the center post. There will be a gurgling sound during this process.
- When the coffee has filled the upper part, the knob will begin to emit a sound, indicating that your coffee is ready and the heat source should be switched off.
- Before pouring coffee, stir it in the upper chamber with a small spoon to equalize all the different coffee layers for optimum flavor.
- Wash by hand with warm water trying not to get the knob wet.
- Dry the knob after use to avoid any traces of water, let it dry with the lid upside-down.
- Do not reassemble the product until all parts are completely dry to avoid oxidation.
- Do not use soap or detergent.
- Do not use in dishwasher.
- Do not use steel wool or other abrasive products.
- Use coffee ground specifically for a moka coffee maker. Don't use too fine ground coffee.
- Periodically check the funnel, the filter plate and the washer for wear. Over time, they may need to be replaced.
- Never use the pot without water.
- Never use other contents besides coffee like teas, cacao powder or instant coffee as it will clog the filter plate.
- If the heat is too high, coffee may have a burnt taste. Getting the optimum temperature for brewing may take some trial and error.
- Store coffee grounds in airtight container, away from sunlight.
- Use filtered water for best coffee flavor.